Hand Block Splitters Plug Feathers for Splitting Cracked StoneHole Diameter 34mm Manual Wedge and Feathers for Breaking Rock
1 steel material
2 for exposed ore/quarrying/mining
3 country of origin
4 hole dia 3/8" to 2"mm
5 world popular shape design
Used for eons in the stone indurstry for splitting granite and other hard stones. They are still among the most cost-effective tools and the oldest and one of the best ways to split stone.1. Functions
Wedge and shims is a kind of manual tools that uses manpower to impact the metal wedge into holes on stone, thereby split stone. It is mainly used in splitting cracked stone and arch stone which by utilizing a wedge set can be separated into smaller or standard stone blocks. It can also trim relative large and irregular stone blocks.2. The Characteristics
1. ) Mainly rely on manpower, therefore its labor intensive.
2. ) Suitable for exposed ore, cranny-upgrowth efflorescence ore belt, particularly for naturally formed multi-free surfaces ores, and arch stones with one or two surfaces connected with original rock. Hence, wedge is a very effective and labor-saving tool, especially for mines applying small size of quarrying stone blocks.
3. ) Suitable for mining where lack of power, water supply.
4. ) Suitable for quarrying layered ores which are either horizontal or gently inclined, have layer depth around 1.5m.
5. ) Can apply desegregation and separation of large stone blocks quarried through other methods.
6. ) It is easy to handle with and maintains its value in mines of which have better rock fracturing performance and low mechanical level. However, the workload of leveling stone blocks is high which affect the finish rate.3. Operating
Each set stone splitter consists of a metal wedge (the plug), and two shims (the feathers). The feathers are wide at the bottom, and tapered and curved at the top. When the two feathers are placed on either side of the plug, the combined width of the set is the same at both ends.
Generally speaking, 3 sets of wedge and shim are required for per foot of length of stone.
The depth of drilled hole depends on the length of wedge.4. Specifications
Hole diameter design: 14mm to 38mm
Length: 125mm to 600mm5. Producing technology
We produce this manual stone splitter by forgeing. It's largely prolong the life time of the tools.